6 Ways to get the most out of your toner
Why use a toner?
Toners help with balancing the skin's acidity level and removing any extra impurities on the skin. They are also hydrating and contain elements that help soothe and calm the skin.
Toners that use natural flower water can also have mood-boosting properties. It is important that the sent is from natural ingredients in the formula and does not contain added synthetic fragrances which could have the opposite effect.
What type of toner is best for me?
We recommend the Hydrating Rose Toner for dry to normal skin and the Balancing Champa Toner for normal to oily skin. Beware of toners containing alcohol as this ingredient can be too drying, even for oily skin.
How do I get the most out of my toner?
There are many ways to get the most benefits out of your toner, including the following guidelines.
1. Cleansing Method
- Use the toner on freshly cleansed skin.
- Apply 3 to 4 sprays to a cotton ball or pad and gently rub the cotton ball or pad over your skin in a circular pattern to remove excess impurities from your skin.
- Don't forget around your ears, neck and up to your hairline!
- Wait 30 seconds or until the remaining toner left on the skin is fully absorbed, then apply your face serum.
2. Leave it on!
- Toner is to be left on after applied and not washed off.
3. Added Hydration
- After you have applied your serums, mist one or two sprays over your face for added hydration.
4. Balance the T-zone
- If your skin is oily mid day, gently blot your t-zone with a tissue and mist an oil control toner in the air and step your face in the path (over makeup is fine).
- By balancing the pH of the skin and adding light hydration can help control oil production.
- If you remove the oils without adding back some added moisture, it could cause your skin to go into overdrive and produce excess oils.
5. Sensory Experience
- Apply throughout the day at lunch, dinner time or on a break to energize the skin and boost your mood.
- Spritz the toner in the air in front of your face, close your eyes and step through the mist.
- Deeply inhale the sent and breath out as you relax your body and enjoy the sensory experience and feeling of fresh skin.
6. Set your Makeup
- Toner can also be misted to set your makeup and used throughout the day to revitalize skin and give you a natural healthy glow.
- Always remember, healthy dewy skin looks more youthful.
- No one wants a powder face!
Morphology is an online-based Canadian skin care company dedicated to empowering women around the world. Morphology offers innovative beauty products that are derived with safe ingredients and developed through scientific studies and published research. Morphology products have the highest concentration possible of the active ingredients in their formulas for maximum results.
Shop online at morphology.ca